Leadership Coaching 2
“Coaching is partnering with an individual or group in a thought provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential” (International Coaching Federation)
As a leader, you know the importance of continually improving your skills. telos’ individual, group and enterprise-wide coaching solutions can make a difference throughout the organization, from a first-time senior leader to a seasoned CEO in any sector.
Our coaching services are grounded in a positive and strengths-based approach of assessment, challenge and support. This approach can help you master new attitudes and behaviors – and achieve more than you ever thought possible. Throughout each engagement, telos consultants help clients explore aspirations for work and life; analyze current competencies, behaviors, and leadership style; and determine steps to implement the changes sought. All coaching engagements with telos include:
- personalized approach
- high quality assessments
- consultants rigorously trained in various coaching models
- confidential and safe environment to grow both personally and professionally
Benefits of Coaching
Coaching provides many benefits to the executive:
- develop critical thinking, learning agility and confidence
- improve individual or team performance by identifying and leveraging strengths as well as identifying and understanding blind spots
- support a significant increase in your responsibilities by accelerating learning and self-awareness
- create an individual development plan specific to your personal and professional goals
- enhance your work/life balance
- receive ongoing one-on-one feedback and support that enhances your professional growth and personal development
Coaching also offers considerable benefits to the organization:
- retain and support key leadership and develop high potential talent
- sustain shifts in organizational culture
- promote transformation, both at an individual and organizational level
- increased positive work environment, enhancing morale, commitment, and productivity
- demonstrated commitment to employees’ growth, development, and success
Consider coaching if you aspire to...
- make a change personally or professionally
- enhance your effectiveness as a leader
- help an employee with a change they would like to make
- receive support in the changes you seek
- build self-awareness to enable personal and professional growth and change
- build a leadership development plan than integrates your strengths and values
We frequently work with:
- Boards of Directors, public and private
- C-suite, vice president, partner or other key organizational leader
- head of organization’s functional effort (e.g. finance, operations, marketing, information technology, human resources) or business division
- senior partner, managing director or general manager
- family business owner or successor
- leader in a professional services firm, nonprofit organization, government agency or educational institution
- professionals in transition (e.g. promotion, increased responsibility, change of organization)
Our consultants work with professionals in nearly every industry including healthcare, manufacturing, IT, retail, consumer products, professional services, non-profit and higher education.
About our consultants
telos consultants are proficient in all of the latest coaching methods and approaches. All offer expertise in leadership development, business strategy, and change management. Their qualifications include:
- postgraduate degree in behavioral science and / or executive coaching certification
- terminal degree in functional area of industry expertise
- extensive industry senior leadership experience
How we helped a major health care institution
A nationally acclaimed health care institution sought to support the effective transition of one of its world-class physicians into a system-wide leadership role.
telos delivered a successful executive coaching engagement that began by thoughtfully pairing the physician-leader with a coach who fundamentally understood both the challenges and opportunities in today’s ever changing healthcare environment. This coach was also able to appreciate the human dimension of this transition and support the very personal elements of this physician-leaders shift in responsibilities.
The leader was able to adopt a more strategic approach to his new responsibilities. Specifically, he and his coach prioritized a set of key strategic initiatives and sequenced a series of subsequent action steps for the first six months in his new role. This mindful and deliberate approach to onboarding enabled the leader to move forward in his new role armed with a plan and the confidence that flows from this clarity. This unobstructed operational view also allowed him to focus on the important relational aspects of his new job, enabling him to more quickly and effectively build relationships with key stakeholders. His success has served as a model and a source of best-practices for physician-leader transitions at this institution.